In January the IAWF welcomed five new members to the Board of Directors. Appointees include:
- Jerry McAdams, Wildfire Mitigation Coordinator, Boise Fire Department, Boise, Idaho, USA
- Guillermo Rein, Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London, UK
- Albert Simeoni, Professor, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Alen Slijepcevic, Deputy Chief Officer Capability and Infrastructure, Country Fire Authority, Australia
- Kat Thomson, Director, Operations Research, Uniformed Fire Officers Association, IAFF Local 854, New York City, NY & Contract Air Attack Officer, Wildfire Management, Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
The Board of Directors is committed to providing the leadership for the International Association of Wildland Fire and to further its mission to communicate with the entire wildland fire community and provide global linkage for people with shared interest in wildland fire and comprehensive fire management. Visit the http://www.iawfonline.org/board.php to see a complete listing of the IAWF Board of Directors.